About  Henan
   Zhengzhou City
   Luoyang City
   Kaifeng City
   Jiaozuo City
   Xuchang City
   Nanyang City
   Xinxiang City
   Funiushan City
   Xiaolangdi City
   ShangQiu City
   Luohe City
   Puyang City
   Zhumadian City
   Anyang City
   Pingdingshan City
   Jiyuan City
   Xinyang City
   Sanmenxia City
   Zhoukou City
   Hebi City
Tourism service
Visa
FAQ
Important telephone
 
Hebi City
 
introduction
 
 Hebi, literally the cliff of crane, covering an area of 2182 square kilometers, is the home to a population of 1,430,000. In its west lie the mountains and hills, amounting to 20% and 30% of its total area respectively. The plains lie in its east, occupying 50%. It has a total arable land of 10,600 hectares. Among the whole population, there are 590,000 urban dwellers. Under its administration there are two counties, four districts and 25 townships.
   Hebi, a city with a long history and rich culture, is named after a legend that a magic crane once perched on the cliff of the South Mountain there. The Capital of the Shang Dynasty, lasting 400 years, was built in Zhaoge in this area, now called Qi County. Qi River in the city has been viewed as a river of history, poetry and culture. In one of the famous classic works, Shijing (The Book of Poems), there are 39 poems describing the customs and cultures in this land.
One of the counties, Xun County (called Liyang in ancient times) is a well-known cultural city of state level. In the county lies the Dapi Mountain where Buddhism, Daoism and Confucianism coexist. A Giant Stone Buddha statue of North Wei Dynasty was constructed on the Mountain, which is considered as the earliest Buddha statue and the largest one in north China. The other county, Qi County (called Zhaoge in ancient times) is a well-known historical and cultural city under the protection of provincial level. In the county lies the Yunmeng Mountain which boasts of a historical site -- the military school of the Warring States Period, the earliest military school in the history of China.
climate
 
Hebi, a city with a long history and rich culture, is named after a legend that a magic crane once perched on the cliff of the South Mountain there.
hotel
 
The Heyuan Hotel The Hebi Orient International Hotel
More...
scenery
 
Dapi Hill Scenic Area The Yunmeng Mountain Scenic Area
More...
About us   |   Contact us   |   Feed back

Copy Right ©Henan Province Tourism Administration
Contact Message